Wednesday, August 06, 2008

RE-Design Exercise

First off, I don't play games a lot. In the span of my life I can count the games I've played with one hand. But there was this game...that really makes my heart sing. The main character is a wolf, an incarnate of a sun-goddess Amaterasu.

Image copyright of Clover/Capcom

That being said, most artists that I know who play this game and "redesigned" Amaterasu into a human being more often than not take the approach of making her either really cute or sexy in their own drawing style. I attempted to redesign her to fit the "universe" of design within the game.



This is the look of the game more or less

To curious ones, the bottom drawing of Amaterasu and Issun, the text on Issun says hahahahaha (laughing) and the text on stuck on the paper is "dumbass"